Saturday, July 23, 2011

German Lumberjack Olympics and B2Run Company 6k!

My internship is not just about learning the corporate law ropes and interacting with German trainees and international clients ... it's about bonding with the firm as a whole.  To do that, we've had some pretty intense events in the past couple of weeks.  



The first was the "Lumberjack Olympics," a retreat about an hour outside of Munich where we participated in odd, traditional Bavarian games (e.g., milking fake cows, driving ATVs around obstacle courses, archery, kicking boots into a bucket, and more).  


We were treated to all the Bavarian specialties...
The second was a few days ago, and I am still having trouble walking because I am so sore - the "B2Run" Munich 6k, where hundreds of businesses and law firms participate in teams in a 6 kilometer run around the Olympia Park (the site of the 1972 Olympic Games).  There were about 30,000 participants, and my time ranked me at about 3,000th place, so I am fairly pleased with myself.  What I am not as pleased with is the fact that two days later, I am confined to my apartment because I literally cannot walk.  It seems that I will need to get back into shape one of these days ...



No comments:

Post a Comment